February 19, 2008

Seascape

The idea of organizing all my supplies into clear (see-through) boxes and putting them on shelves in the garage seemed like a good idea at the time, but it turns out it isn't. I find that I am less likely to go dig around and get out the supplies to make a particular thing on the spur of the moment, and instead I feel somehow that I have to plan ahead and dig out the supplies on the weekend. By the time the weekend rolls around, I have forgotten what I was inspired to do, and I don't bother getting out the supplies at all. It was a mess and lots of clutter before, but at least everything was accessible! After looking at some of the wonderful blogs featured in Somerset Studio's Artful Blogging magazine, I was totally inspired to "go make (jewellery) art", but decided to finish this encaustic instead.

It is 5.5" x 8.5" on .5" solid board.

2 comments:

Bonnie / Graybonnie said...

So peaceful...much better than cleaning.

Susan Shaw said...

Infinitely! but then, isn't everything better than cleaning?