February 28, 2008

365 photos

I committed to the idea of doing a photo a day for a year, but I have decided I really don't like it. I feel like I am forced to find something to take a picture of, and when I run out of time, the creativity disappears, and it becomes an onerous obligation. I guess I am just not comfortable working that way. I don't seem to be able to work on demand. I certainly feel more creative when I cultivate it, but not when I am under a deadline.

However, when I was driving to work this morning, I looked to the west and spotted this incredible cloud formation that looked like a huge grey wing. Of course, by the time I got the camera out and focused and there were no more trees in the way, I had moved so far that the resemblance to a wing was gone. It was a pretty cool and inspiring thing to see, even if I didn't manage to get a good picture of it.

No comments: