March 10, 2008

signature stamp

The little encaustic paintings are so small that it is very difficult to sign them. Wax is quite globby, and it is very had to make a signature that actually looks like anything recognizable. I had what I thought was a brilliant idea to create a small stamp, using my broken heart image, that I could use like a Chinese chop. I found a small stamp mounting kit, and created this heart stamp. After I got it mounted and was satisfied with the image, I went to use it on my latest encaustic, and realized that it is still WAY too big, even though it is only about half an inch across. It will be a nice chop for bigger paintings, but it is back to the drawing board for an image for the encaustics.


1 comment:

Susan Shaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.